Horkval are powerful, though not particularly intelligent, insect-like humanoids. Used as shocktroops by Aegis, God of War, during the battle on Nishnatoba, they are fearsome allies, who show no fear in battle, and who work together on a level surpassed only by the crystalline Kx'khrah. Their origin is not known, but it is almost certain that they did not originate on the continent of Sapience, and possibly not even on this world.
A Horkval's base statistics are:
- Strength 14
- Dexterity 16
- Intelligence 9
- Constitution 14
- Has a racial language, Horkvali.
- Has level 2 resistance to physical cutting damage.
- Has level 2 resistance to physical blunt damage.
- Can LEAP over obstacles. LEAP .
- Recovers balance more slowly, level 1.
- Cannot wear armour.
- Weak vs poison, level 2
- Regenerates health, level 1.